Welcome to the Leslie F. Malpass Library. You are here because your success in this class and beyond is dependent on finding information. In libraryland, we call this "information literacy." An information literate student can recognize when information is needed and has the ability to locate, evaluate, manage, and use effectively the needed information.
- become familiar with standard information retrieval tools in African American Studies
- execute effective and efficient search strategies
- define community issues that relates to African Americans
- locate organizations that address the issues
- identify communities where these issues are pressing
- retrieve the full-text of desired bilbiographic items
- manage content with My Ebsco Host, RefWorks, Delicious, and Zotero.