Welcome to the African American Studies 488 library session. This guide is where you can access resources available at the WIU Libraries and beyond. By clicking on the tabs located toward the top of the screen, you can find links to a variety of information retrieval tools. This site is a work in progress, and I am open to suggestions regarding content, organization, or presentation. If you have any questions, suggestions, etc, feel free to contact me.
- think about your research in terms of a question
- identify your research need
- become familiar with standard information retrieval tools, such as ERIC,
- execute effective and efficient search strategies
- retrieve the full-text of desired bilbiographic items
- manage bibliographic & online content with My Ebsco Host, MyJSTOR, RefWorks, Zotero, Delicious, etc.
Write a language policy for children of African descent, for example. The graduate student will be preparing a workshop and individualized consults for people of African descents in the corporate setting who speak various Englishes.