Current Issues in Music Business
Last Updated: Sep 3, 2014
This page lists some general starting places for public company background information.
For private company information, you will probably have to rely more on articles.
For Company Background Information
- LexisNexis Academic - Start with the "Get Company Info" box to search Company Dossier (lower right). For some info you may also need to search SEC filings. Find this option by opening the "Search by Content Type" menu on the front page, just above the search box.
- MarketLine Company Profiles Authority - Go to Business Source Elite and choose the "Company Profiles" tab from the blue bar across the top of the screen. These profiles of individual companies include sections such as key facts, history, revenue analysis, SWOT analysis, and more.
- Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage - Lots of data and analysis! In the upper right corner under "simple search" choose "Stock Reports" from the Resources pull-down menu, then type your company name in the third box.
- ValueLine Investment Survey - Current financial info and an investment analyst's report. Choose "Browse Research" from the initial screen. Just above the Saved Screens box is a search box for you:
- Company websites often link to their annual reports or 10-Ks, for example, Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc. or Pandora
217 & 375 Malpass Library
Western Illinois University