Welcome to the Leslie F. Malpass Library. Your professor and I are eager to help you define your information needs, search relevant information retrieval tools (online bibliographic databases), and secure, organize, and evaluate the retrieved information. If you have any questions about information retrieval, feel free schedule a research consultation session with me.
- become familiar with standard information retrieval tools in recreation
- design and execute effective and efficient search strategies
- retrieve the full-text of desired bilbiographic items
- manage content with My Ebsco Host, MyJSTOR, RefWorks, Zotero, Delicious, etc.
Article Annotation: Select, read and write an annotation of (2) research articles for each of the following selected topics:
- Physical development/characteristics
- Social development
- Family dynamics
- Inclusion in community services
- Leisure education/recreation.
Articles must be taken from the accepted professional special education literature – Exceptional Children, Journal of Special Education, etc. (do not use web-based articles or articles from popular sources). See description of an annotation below. (100 pts ---10 pts for each annotation)