Get Access - ID Cards
Don't get left out in the cold zone
You can get access to many of the libraries things online. You can order books and other items, get journal citations and full text articles, and even some full e-books. But before you can access these things online, you need an Western Illinois University ID.
The library uses your ID number and a special PIN number "21711" to give you access to the library web tools.
Here is a page to learn how the library works with your ID number here.
You can also use your university ECOM account information (your email user name and password) the library feature you are using will tell you when this is possible. Learn more about your ECOM on the university web site.
If you still have problems accessing the library online with your ID or PIN number contact the Access Services Librarian (309-298-2715).
Good links and numbers to know!
- Archives-(309) 298-2717
- Ask-A-Reference Librarian - (309) 298-2700
- Circulation (309) 298-2759
- Computing Services- 309 (298-2758)
- ERes (Electronic Reserves)
- Gov/Legal Info. Assistance - Local (309) 298-2782, (Toll Free)1-800-413-6544
- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
- Library ID's (Using your ID to access the library from a distance)
- Reciprocal Borrowing (another way to borrow books from other Illinois libraries)