College Writing I / October 17, 2012
Last Updated: Oct 17, 2012
|Finding Research Materials @ WIUWhen you need to find resources for a class project or paper, most of what you need is available via the tabbed area in the middle of the library web page (the lighter oval below):
- Books: Use the Search WestCat box to see if WIU owns a book. Other library catalogs are also available.
- Articles: When you want to find articles on a topic, but don't yet what journals they are in.
- Journals: Browse through the contents of a certain journal or find an article using a citation.
- Databases: If your professor recommended a certain database, like InfoTrac, find it here!
- RefTools: Find recommended online reference encyclopedias, dictionaries, style manuals, etc.
Class Guides: (red arrow)
- Mouse over Instruction/Class Guides to find the online guide for today's class or any other you have attended in the library.
Ask a Librarian: (yellow arrow)
- If you have a question, click on Ask a Librarian to contact us via phone, email or IM.