Words and phrases useful in searching the library catalog, WestCat, or any of the databases to which WIU Libraries subscribe, are listed below:
- United Nations Research Guides & Resources
- This excellent guide organizes a lot of the information put out by the UN, including statistics, organizations, themes, and more.
- Foreign Governments
- This site from Northwestern University Library links to official agency/minister websites of foreign governments.
- Constitution Finder
- This database from the University of Richmond provides links to constitutions of foreign countries as well as their drafts and previous incarnations.
- Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
- Human rights violations/abuses reported by the American Embassies abroad (reporting is mandated by federal law and based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights--see the preface for more info). The information is used in developing trade/international policies.
- Web Links from GODORT
- This page from the Government Documents Round Table includes links to IGOs and NGOs.
- Topical Guides from GODORT
- This is a list of online guides concerning international information.
Government, Legal, Spatial and Data Services
Malpass Library, 4th Floor
Western Illinois University
1 University Circle