Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where to Start?
This page lists some general starting places for public company background information.
For private company information, you will probably have to rely more on articles.
For Company Background Information
- Company Dossier from Nexis Uni - Find company info by specific name or by using search criteria.
- Open the menu (very upper left of the screen) to find Company Dossier
- Search for a company (the default screen) or a group of companies that fit your criteria (create a company list)
- Once you get a company "snapshot," note the many options in the left column, each offering a specific kind of information for that company
- For example, 10-K and other reports that have been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission are under SEC filings in the left column
MarketLine Company Profiles Authority - Go to Business Source Elite and choose the "Company Profiles" tab from the blue bar across the top of the screen. These profiles of individual companies include sections such as key facts, history, revenue analysis, SWOT analysis, and more.
ValueLine Investment Survey - Current financial info and an investment analyst's report. Choose "Browse Research" from the initial screen.
Use the search box just above the "Saved Screens" box:
Company websites often link to their annual reports or 10-Ks, for example, San Francisco Symphony or Dolby Laboratories.