Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sources for Music Industry Articles
Access World News also provides various options for searching and browsing.
- Browsing options:
- Look above and right, to "Find a Topic," then choose Performing & Fine Arts. Lots of categories once you get there.
- Select an individual newspaper, such as Washington Post or Chicago Sun-Times, then choose a specific date. Now you will see the newspaper divided by section, such as Style-Arts or Showcase, with the articles listed within.
- Searching options:
- Select one or more papers, choose a date range, and add terms to search.
- Limit the search to Lead/First Paragraph to make it more focused.
- For opinion pieces, limit the search to section: editorial or section: opinion.
ABI/Inform Global searches business & trade magazines and journals.
- Try "music industry" as a subject and notice the suggested "other searches to try" below the first set of results.
- Use the button when there isn't a direct full text link.
- Limit your search to one source, e.g., the Wall Street Journal or International Journal of Arts Management by selecting "Publications" from the colored bar across the top.
Music Periodicals Database (ProQuest) searches music periodicals, both trade and academic.
Nexis Uni is a great source of industry news
- Click on Home (left side of the upper blue ribbon)
- Notice the variety of options in the Guided Search box
- For articles on legal issues, e.g., copyright, licensing, choose Law Reviews
- For legal rulings and decisions, choose Cases
- For a broader range of sources, choose News