Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Leisure Tourism Database, 1973+
- The Leisure Tourism database contains over 100,000 abstracts from more than 30 years of research. This information is sourced from over 6,000 serial publications and thousands of other documents, including all the core tourism and leisure journals. Subject coverage includes tourism, leisure, recreation, sport, hospitality and culture. This database is brought to you by CAB, a database publisher from the U.K. As stated above, there are over 6,000 serials indexed. From here you can also get a more detailed description of the coverage. The CAB Direct platform has been revamped. You can find a helpful YouTube video on the features of the new platform here. The new platform for all CAB products can be found here. Unfortunately, the Leisure Tourism Database has not been transferred to the CAB Direct platform yet, so the only way to access the online thesaurus is by going to the CAB Help section or directly to http://www.cabi.org/cabthesaurus/, and that is the thesaurus for all CAB databases, not just the leisure one. In the near future, according to their representative, Leisure will be converted. For more on CABI, the parent compnay of CAB Direct, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAB_Direct_(database), FYI: CABI stands for Commercial Agriculture Bureau International.
- For more information on how to search this database, visit the user guide.
- Hospitality and Tourism Index, 1960+
- Includes all aspects of the hospitality and tourism industry including: demographics and statistics, hotel management, food service management, event management, law, market trends and research. Selected full-text.
- SPORTDiscus, 1949+
- SPORTDiscus is the most comprehensive, bibliographic database covering sport, physical fitness, exercise, sports medicine, physical education, kinesiology, training, disabled persons, drugs, health, health education, biomechanics, movement science, injury prevention rehabilitation, physical therapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, exercise physiology, sport & exercise psychology, occupational health & therapy, public health and more. With full bibliographic coverage, this database includes well over 1,557,000 records with journal (two-thirds) and monograph coverage going back to 1800; over 22,000 dissertations and theses and reference to articles in 60 different languages. The content also consists of international references from journal and magazine articles, books, book chapters, conference proceedings and more.
- Biological and Agricultural Index, 1983+
- Indexes 225 magazine and journals in the following fields: agricultural research, biology, biotechnology, botany, ecology, food science, forestry, genetics, horticulture, marine biology, nutrition, plant pathology, soil science, veterinary medicine, and zoology. Selected full-text. Some records include abstracts.
- ERIC, 1966+
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources. The database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. The database contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966.
- GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on the environmental effects of individuals, corporations and local/national governments, and what can be done at each level to minimize these effects. Multidisciplinary by nature, GreenFILE draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology. Topics covered include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 538,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 5,800 records.
- PsycINFO® is the American Psychological Association's (APA) resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. You might be surprised to find this database listed here, but researchers publish a myriad of articles on leisure and recreation. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to the present, includes international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals in dozens of languages. PsycINFO is indexed with controlled vocabulary from APA's Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms®. [from EBSCO]
- ABI/INFORM Global,
- ABI/INFORM Global™ is one of the
most comprehensive business databases on the market. It includes
in-depth coverage for over 2,890 publications, with more than 1,920
available in full text. ABI/INFORM Global offers the latest business and
financial information for researchers at all levels. With ABI/INFORM
Global, users can find out about business conditions, management
techniques, business trends, management practice and theory, corporate
strategy and tactics, and competitive landscape.
- Business Source Elite
- This business database provides
full text for nearly 1,100 business publications, including full text
for nearly 500 peer-reviewed business publications. The rich collection
of titles in Business Source Elite provides information dating back to
- Academic Search Complete (Dates Vary)
- This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,500 journals, including full text for more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- Expanded Academic Index (InfoTrac, 1980+
- From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images!
- Readers Guide Abstracts, 1890+
- The most popular general audience bibliographic index before the digital age. Continues to provide solid indexing of popular magazine articles in Time, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, for example. Limited full text.
The general Google search will not help you find many scholarly articles, but Google Scholar might.Consider using the cited by feature to find related articles.