Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Academic Search Premiere, dates vary.
- This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,500 journals, including full text for more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- Expanded Academic Index (InfoTrac), 1980- .
- From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images!
- Readers' Guide Abstracts, 1890 - .
- Multi-disciplinary, including current events, business, education, fashion, food, history, politics, science, sports.
- Leisure Tourism Database, 1973- .
- The Leisure Tourism Database brings together information for those interested in research and strategic development of leisure, recreation, sport, tourism and hospitality activities, facilities, products and services. Includes the following topics: Leisure and tourism policies; Tourism and leisure industries; Travel and transport; Facility management and planning; Recreation, cultural, entertainment and sport activities; Natural resources and environment. Limited to four users at a time. Go to the "Abstracts Database" tab at the top of the screen.
- Hospitality and Tourism Index, 1960- .
- Includes all aspects of the hospitality and tourism industry including: demographics and statistics, hotel management, food service management, event management, law, market trends and research. Selected full-text.
- SPORTDiscus, 1949- .
- SPORTDiscus is the most comprehensive, bibliographic database covering sport, physical fitness, exercise, sports medicine, physical education, kinesiology, training, disabled persons, drugs, health, health education, biomechanics, movement science, injury prevention rehabilitation, physical therapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, exercise physiology, sport & exercise psychology, occupational health & therapy, public health and more. With full bibliographic coverage, this database includes well over 1,557,000 records with journal and monograph coverage going back to 1800; over 22,000 dissertations and theses and reference to articles in 60 different languages. The content also consists of international references from journal and magazine articles, books, book chapters, conference proceedings and more. (from EBSCO help)
- ERIC. 1966- .
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources. The database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. The database contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966.
- ERIC. 1966- .
the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education
literature and resources. The database provides access to information
from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and
Resources in Education Index. The database contains more than 1,300,000
records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back
- Education Abstracts, 1983- .
Abstracts, produced by the H.W. Wilson Company, indexes and abstracts
articles from more than 680 periodicals and yearbooks, with indexing
back to 1983 and abstracts back to 1994. Books on education published
after 1995 are also indexed. Subjects covered include adult education,
continuing education, library science, literacy standards,
multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods, and more. (EBSCO)
- Professional Development Collection
- Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports. Professional Development Collection is the most comprehensive collection of full text education journals in the world.
- Teacher Reference Center
- Teacher Reference Center provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- The premiere index to psychological literature. International. Indexes periodicals, books, book chapters, and dissertations. Goes back to 1887. Selected full text. Limit by language and much more.
- PsycARTICLES is a database of full-text articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association, the APA Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe & Huber. The database includes all material from the print journals. Most of the 72 APA journals included in PsycARTICLES now go back to volume 1, issue 1. The earliest journal is Psychological Review, which was started in 1894. The database also contains journals that are no longer published. Articles published from 1985 forward are in both PDF and HTML format. Articles published prior to 1985 are available only in PDF format. All PDFs are searchable.
- Social Services Abstracts
- Topics include health and social policy, professional issues in social work, social work education, gerontology, poverty and homelessness, welfare services. Indexes/abstracts 1,400+ periodicals; also dissertation and book review citations; 1980 to present.
- Sociological Abstracts
- The premiere index to research in sociology. International. Goes back to 1952. Indexes/abstracts 1,800+ periodicals; also books, chapters, dissertations, papers; indexes book reviews.
- Topics include nursing, allied health, consumer health, biomedicine,and health sciences librarianship. Coverage: 750 journals Full Text for years 1983 to the present.
- Consumer Health Complete
- Provides consumer health care information, including: aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, men & women's health. Current years only.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Access to the full-text of 280 health periodicals, nearly 1,200 health pamphlets,and 20 health reference books. Goes back to 1985.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic
- Coverage includes full text of nearly 480 scholarly health periodicals. Indexing and abstracts to over 510 journals. Goes back to 1975.
Scholarly Article Repositories
- Project MUSE
Provides full-text to over 100 scholarly journals. Use it to update
J-STOR titles. Limit your search to those journals subscribed to by
- JSTOR offers researchers the ability to retrieve high-resolution,
scanned images of journal issues and pages as they were originally
designed, printed, and illustrated. The journals archived in JSTOR span
many disciplines. The default is "Include links to external content." If you want to retrieve only content that you can access check the "Include only content I can access" box.
The general Google search will not help you find many scholarly articles, but Google Scholar might.Consider using the cited by feature to find related articles.