Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Malpass Library has two Book Scan Stations; one near the Reference Desk on the main (second) floor, and one in the Digital Commons, which is located in the basement (first). The only photocopying provided is through Digital Commons, including color. The charge is 25 cents per page, and the staff copy for you. For color printing, also 25 cents, you will need to have Rocky Dollars in your account or have your files on a USB drive.
Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software. In brief, Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronises so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of the computer it is viewed on. Files placed in this folder are also accessible through a web site and mobile phone applications. [from Wikipedia]
Google Drive, formerly Google Docs, is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the cloud, share files, and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with collaborators. Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more. (Wikipedia)
To locate your Google Drive, open your WIU Gmail account, and look in the upper right corner for a navigation box that looks like a tic tac toe board:
My example has a "J" because my first name begins with a "J". Click on the squares link and you will get a selection of Google tools, including Google Drive:
Citation Storage Options
- Delicious is a free social bookmarking service that allows you to tag, save, manage and share Web pages all in one place. With emphasis on the power of the community, Delicious greatly improves how people discover, remember and share on the Internet. Can use with Firefox and IE. Bookmarks stored on Delicious servers. Easy to backup locally.
- Dropbox is a file hosting service. Get free space when you get others to join. You can throw away your flash drives!
- Evernote is a cloud-based, social noting taking tool. You can use it for free, or pay for more storage and options. You can access from public computers or use the Evernote app to streamline the notetaking process.
- Zotero is a free citation management software for Firefox. Use it to save, organize, and present online citations. 3.0 is the latest version, and it provides a standalone version for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Connectors are available for Chrome and Safari. Zotero Connectors allow you to save items to Zotero from within browsers other than Firefox, using Zotero's site translators. To set up a free account, visit the zotero.org website.
Library Widgets & Tools
- WIU Libraries Research Panel
- This is an extension for Chrome and Firefox browsers, giving you quick access to library information and research tools wherever you are on the web. I highly recommend it, for both faculty and students; let me know if you would like any help downloading it.
- Mobile Portal
- We now have a library Web portal for users of iPhones and similar devices.
- Persistent Link Converter
- Persistent Article Links must be modified to enable off-campus access by WIU users. This resource automatically adds the necessary prefix to the Persistent Link you provide.