Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Introduction to WIU Library webpage - Library hours, how to contact a librarian for help, how to find an item owned by the library.
- Differentiating scholarly from non-scholarly sources and journals
- Choose databases based on course, subject and assignment requirements.
- Search the database effectively using the vocabulary of the database. To find the vocabulary search using the thesaurus, subject headings, Index, CINAHL Headings, MESH the term will vary depending on the database.
- Use of limits to narrow the search to a specific criteria, which can include English only, date ranges, specific types of sources such as scholarly, peer reviewed articles as well as research. Each database has its own set of limits.
- Use Find It WIU Libraries - grey button to see if the article is available in full-text, if not the option of borrowing through ILL - Interlibrary loan. Students will learn where they can create their own ILLIAD and I-Share accounts.