Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where to Start?
These pages describe some general starting places for 329 assignments, but for more company information, try the Company Research guide. If you want to look at a company within the larger context of its competitors, you may also want to check out the Industry Research guide.
For Company Background Information
- Company Dossier from Nexis Uni/LexisNexis
- Open the menu (very upper left of the screen) to find Company Dossier
- Find company info by specific name or by using search criteria.
- Once in a company record, you can link to multiple types of info from the the left column. SEC filings, for example, or Investment Research.
- MarketLine Company Profiles Authority - Go to Business Source Elite and choose the "Company Profiles" tab from the blue bar across the top of the screen. These profiles of individual companies include sections such as key facts, history, revenue analysis, SWOT analysis, and more.
- ValueLine Investment Survey - Current financial info and an investment analyst's report. Type the company name or ticker symbol in the box at the very top of the page.
- Mergent Company Web Reports - Company histories, business descriptions, and financial statements back to 1909. Formerly known as Moody's Manuals.