Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The WIU Libraries offer access to EndNote through our subscription to Science Citation Index Expanded. An EndNote Account allows users to:
- Access, update and maintain references to publications from multiple devices.
- Import references from library catalogs, indexes and databases and the Internet.
- Organize and group references by subject or any other system.
- Create and format references for bibliographies in a variety of styles.
- Share references with colleagues.
This guide contains information on using EndNote, including:
- Signing up for an EndNote Account and Accessing EndNote
- Adding Data - Manually
- Direct Export from EBSCO Databases
- Direct Export from Science Citation Index Expanded
- Organizing References
- Eliminating Duplicate References
- Sharing References
- Importing References from Other Bibliographic Software Programs
Note: These instructions are for EndNote, a web-based product. It is also possible to purchase EndNote for installation on up to 3 computers. There are advantages of using EndNote through the Internet, because the information is available from any location and can be used on multiple devices.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Linda Zellmer